What we do
We’re a friendly and reliable team who’ve worked across England, Scotland and Wales, and invested in over 100 healthcare properties to date.
We know how to accommodate the unique requirements of each practice/occupier whilst also meeting exacting NHS and planning needs.
We have a dedicated team of property professionals who will lead you through every step of the development process and beyond.
Who we are
We’re the UK’s oldest and largest private investor in primary-healthcare premises, with around one million patients served from premises we have developed and own.
However, we remain a small, very experienced and friendly team that prides itself on a can-do attitude and has a proven track record over many years.
As a private and financially robust property business, we are not held back by corporate shareholder demands and so we can be completely focused on our clients’ needs and requirements for their new medical centre.
How we can help
We offer a full spectrum of services to give your practice the premises that will serve your patients effectively now and for many years to come.
Our services include:
- Primary healthcare premises – We provide all types of premises for primary healthcare including: GP surgeries, pharmacies and complementary health space.
- New-builds – we do the heavy lifting, leaving you to focus on running your practice/business, whilst at the same time encouraging you to get involved in the design process as you see fit.
- Finding new premises – we help practices find new more suitable premises for their growing patient numbers, whether that be sourcing land for a new-build medical centre or adapting an existing premises to meet a practice’s requirements.
- Sustainability – we ensure that energy efficiency is a key consideration of the design of any of our buildings being developed or redeveloped.
- Equity release/sale and leaseback – we have experience freeing partners’ equity, making the practice more attractive to the next generation of GPs.
- Long-term thinking – we maintain our relationship with you so that, as your needs change, we can make sure your property requirements also continue to be met.
- Lease renewals – when it comes to the time to renew your lease, we work with you to carry out improvement works to ensure your building remains fit for purpose for the long term.
Some clients you might recognise
“The result is a truly inspiring building and a calm spacious environment with real benefits for patients and staff”.
Yr Hen Orsaf Medical Centre,
What have we been up to?
Work has now been completed on a full refurbishment of Wilsden Medical Practice near Bradford. The improvements not only create a better environment for staff and patients alike, but the existing building has been adapted to be more sustainable and meet Government...
The MCD team and some of our partners and advisers enjoyed an afternoon out at “Monopoly Lifesized” in London’s West End. A good afternoon was had by all, but a special mention to the winning team, Becky, Steve, Jen and David C, for building an impressive property...
The MCD team recently visited our new surgery in Coxheath, Maidstone. We enjoyed lattes and cappuccinos from the in-house coffee shop, and then had a guided tour of the new building. The view from the first floor waiting room across the Kent countryside must be one of...